Robbie White ~ Artist

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vintage Feedsack Soldered Charm Bracelet


Good Afternoon!  It's Thursday, and I managed to squeeze in some time finishing up this soldered bracelet, consisting of charms that were created using vintage feedsack Aunt Grace reproduction quilting fabric.  A couple of days ago, I posted the beginning of this project.  My glass charms were copper taped and ready to solder and add my links.  Today, I managed to get all of them soldered.  Each time I solder a new piece, I begin to understand a little bit better,  how the solder flows, and my charms are beginning to be much more smooth than when I first started learning how to make them.

I kept my first attempt at making these charms, and I can tell you looking back at it, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing.  It took purchasing 3 different soldering irons before I found the right one that works for me, and with the help of several books, a great website I feel much more comfortable with my creations, and offering them for sale.  This particular bracelet has been listed in my Etsy Store.

A helpful site for anyone wanting to get into making these is
You can do a Google search also for soldered glass charms.  It is very inspirational to see other artists' works, and the amazing collages in such tiny detail. 

On a more personal note, my husband got back from Kentucky early, due to the bad weather. It has been so cold, frozen water pipe to our washing machine.  I'm already wishing for Spring to hurry and arrive.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment