Robbie White ~ Artist

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CREATE YOUR OWN FABRIC DESIGN EASY & FUN

It is exciting to open a package that you have been anxiously awaiting for, especially when you are getting actual fabric that is your own design and artwork.  http://www.spoonflower.com/ is a wonderful website, where you can upload your own art and designs, and have cotton quilting fabric created in small yardage and fat quarters.  I am a member of Spoonflower, and you can search the site and find me by searching the designers.  My designs are under the name pumpkin moon, or follow this link to my page http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/pumpkinmoon

Sock monkeys are the rage, and so my most recent design features pink and chocolate sock monkeys just for girls.  The great thing about Spoonflower, is that you can have a simple 8x8 inch swatch printed to see in person before you order more yardage.  I simply created this basic design, then the magic of Spoonflower is, that they repeat the design, and you can actually see a sample on their site, showing how the repeat design looks as a full yard of fabric.  Sort of like creating wallpaper for your computer screen.

I've ordered a yard of this, and as soon as it arrives, within 7 days, I'll photograph and post.  Of course, I have all sorts of ideas on how to use it, and  if I like the way the fabric looks and feels, then I can allow Spoonflower to sell my designs, and I get a commission.  Of course, beware!  This can get very addictive! 

This is the basic design, then the next shows the pattern in repeat.





No comments:

Post a Comment