Robbie White ~ Artist

Sunday, January 24, 2010

VINTAGE ASSEMBLAGE AND 1950'S MOONGLOW BEADS

Aged brass add to the appeal of these earrings.  Vintage lucite moonglow teal beads from an old discarded necklace circa 1950 have been used as the focal point of this assemblage.  Topped with  beautiful crystal teal rondelle faceted glass beads,  hanging from aged brass lever back earwires.   These are available in my Etsy Store, http://www.pumpkinmoonstudio.etsy.com/  I recently purchased a nice lot of vintage jewelry from the estate of elderly lady, who practiced her art of bellydancing from the 1930's through the 1950's.  You'll find a few choice vintage pieces from this estate in my Etsy Store also.  I think seeing her cherished possessions, exotic costumes, and well loved jewelry and accessories was the inspiration for this pair of earrings that I created.  



No comments:

Post a Comment