Robbie White ~ Artist

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shades of the Past



This is a precious find, a small petite lampshade. You can click on the photo so that they enlarge so you can see more detail!  This is a vintage lampshade that would slip over the headboard to your bed, for night time reading, etc.  My first major New Year 2011 project will be restoring this to its sweet glory.  The little porcelain half doll that is attached to the framework will be hard to work around, but she is part of the original design, and will remain.  From the looks of her clothing, this lampshade probably dates back to the 1920s.  Of course, it will have new wiring/cord.  So, I will photograph each step along the way, and will post so you can see how this will be done, and of course, I welcome any comments or questions also.  When finished, I'm not sure if I will sell this, or keep it.  That is yet to be seen, but I hope you will follow me along the way.  My first step will be to remove the old shabby pink cover, trim, the lady's skirt, and old cloth wrapping around the wire frame.  Please check back for updates, and I hope you are having a wonderful January thus far....~Robbie~

No comments:

Post a Comment