Robbie White ~ Artist

Friday, December 30, 2011

Wishing you All a very wonderful New Year!

Well, you would think that things are winding down, but here we are in the verge of a new year and I'm still trying to deal with 2011.  I have a friend that is not expected to live over the next 6 months, but she will see herself into 2012.  Instead of becoming down when given her test results, she simply replied that she would spend Christmas 2012 with Jesus and Warren (her husband that passed earlier), with a sweet smile on her face. She is ready, and I admire her courage and positive outlook.  I know that she is correct in her statement.  She will be present with her beloved Lord and her husband in 2012. 

2011 has seen my husband and I through a difficult transistion, but not one so tough as my friend.  Gary was laid off from work in November 2010, but kept consistantly looking for work until he found a job very similar to the one he had, only in Florida, so 2011 saw us through a move from Tennessee to Florida.  We were 3 or 4 months apart, but we made it through.  We still own our property in Tennessee, and we are still renting a small place here in Green Cove Springs, FL.  2012 will continue to be an adventure for us as we see where this is all taking us.

My brother's barned burned down about a month ago, and in it tons of personal items and property of his, and our tractor and tiller.  $9000 worth of equipment for us, and that doesn't even scratch the surface in what my brother lost.  Insurance companies and adjusters......fighting us, and we are fighting them....Bottom line, he and I both got dropped by the company, Tennessee Farmers Insurance.  I don't suggest anyone insuring anything with them after this ordeal.  After almost 20 years with that company they dropped him, and after 8 years, they dropped us.  Why?  Because they actually had to pay out on a claim.  What a mess!

But, we all managed to come to the end of 2012 intact. My family is healthy, we are safe.  My son Travis is still deployed overseas aboard the USS The Sullivans ship.  He made Chief this year after only 10 years in the Navy.  We are proud parents, and wishing him everything he wants from his career, and thankful that we have our own children and yours serving to protect our country.  I tip my hat and heart to all active duty military, veteran's and to those who lost their lives doing so.

So with that, I pray you all have a wonderful New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment