- Our son who is a Chief in the Navy will be coming home in May or June, but will then be transferring to another ship, another base, far from us. We are on the East Coast, he will be stationed in San Diego, CA. He is excited, and we are happy for him. Bittersweet to say the least, but we are very happy for him.
- One of my closet friends, Susan Grant of Country Presence, my favorite folk artist will be closing her internet presence for at least 3 years. She and her husband are ranchers, and have decided to take a new adventure working for a cattle rancher/businessman on a ranch in "gulp!"...Russia. They leave in a couple of days. Hopefully, they will have contact with family and friends via Facebook, but all that is unknown right now. I wish them great blessings with this adventure, but sure will miss my friend.
- I turn 55 in less than 10 days! Yikes! I'm glad I made it this far. I cannot complain about getting older! At least I'm still here, still healthy and very thankful to God for that.
- My StepDad is still battling Alzheimers at 91 years old, and terminal cancer. He still works in his yard daily come rain or shine. There is no stopping him! LOL....
- My Mom, well she is worn out from being caregiver 24/7 to my StepDad, so my brother, sister, and I are hoping we can convince our Mother of some alternative options she has for her relentless determination to care for him alone. She won't accept help, but yet she has reached the end of her rope. So, we plan on taking a little more charge to help her whether she likes it or not. We'll hold that rope for her in other words, if she won't battle us too much...LOL
Tomorrow, I'll be taking our 14 yr old grandson to the airport for his flight back to Missouri where he will finish out his school year.
And we are determined to fly to Oregon this year, to see our son Ben and his family. It has been way too long since we have seen them. August was a year! :(
Blessings and patience everyone!