Robbie White ~ Artist

Sunday, September 30, 2012

WAX TARTS AND HANDMADE SOAP MOLDS

I've been wanting to try and make a silicone mold.  I've reviewed the "how-to's" on youtube, I've read, I've studied, and then I finally have begun the process.

First of all, these are my first attempt at sculpting something that I plan on making a mold from.  I've made figurines, doll heads, etc, but never something that I planned on actually pouring silicone over... LOL

I could have just used an item from my home.  A figurine, or something else, but I wanted these to me my own designs.

I love primitive things, and after finishing these, I realized the bee skep needs to have the flower removed as it makes it too cutesy.  The prairie girl, she may have to stay that way.  She is for soap only.  But, the bee skep and the log cabin, they are actually for a silicone mold to make good smelling wax tarts that you melt in a burner, to fill your home with fun and yummy smells. They are not tiny, but they are not oversized either.  The prairie girl, well she is about the size of a standard bar of soap, so that may give you an idea of the sizes of these.

I will have to dry these in the oven, then let cool.  In the meantime I have to figure out what sort of flat bottom plastic container these will sit and fit in appropriately, so that the silicone can be poured over them, and actuallly cover them completely.

I'll post a photo of the actual silicone molds when they are done.



No comments:

Post a Comment