Robbie White ~ Artist

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Flight of the Butterflies

The weather is improving here in Tennessee, and with that, the grass is growing, daffodils are poking their heads up, and I'm in a mood for gardening, planting flowers to attract butterflies and bees, and wishing for a much luck with our vegetable garden this year.

With the thought of the "good" insects, I was inspired to repurpose an older brass locket into a fun necklace, using some new glass cabochons I purchased.  The glass magnifies the art beneath, so I tucked a vintage image of a Monarch Butterfly inside, topped it with the glass, and set in a crown edge bezel.  The locket itself, I embellished with an aged brass filigree finding.  The vintage amber gemstone beads accent the wings of the butterfly, and the aged brass chain completes this upcycled necklace.  You can find this creation in my Etsy store, http://www.pumpkinmoonstudio.etsy.com/  Also, some new earring creations using these little glass gems. 

Have a wonderful Thursday, and a Blessed Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment