Robbie White ~ Artist

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

AUTUMN THEME LINEN, ROOM, AND BODY SPRAYS

One morning of a drop in temperature, even though not drastic yet, still gets me in the Fall mood.  Ready for pumpkins, cornstalks, and a room filled with the aroma of mulled cider, cranberries, and more.  So, I want to share with you a simple room spray you can make at home.  I will provide links for supply sources also.  My favorite of course is pumpkin spice.  However, I have created room sprays for several different rooms in my home.   Here is the simple recipe:

Distilled Water (you can get this at Walmart or grocery stores)  I buy it in gallon size.
2 - 3 ounces of WATER BASED fragrance
1 1/2 ( 1.5 oz) ounces of Isopropyl Alcohol (leave off the alcohol if using as a body spray)

Mix the water based fragrance into the isopropyl alcohol by pouring into a clean glass container and stir together gently.  Put in a 4 oz spray bottle, then slowly add distilled water until you fill your spray bottle.  Again, this is for a 4 oz spray bottle.  You can double the recipe for larger bottles.  Your liquid spray will most likely turn white or cloudy.  That's okay, it is a simple reaction with the water.  Shake before each use.  Test furniture first if you plan on spraying fabric furniture.  Never use this on Silk or Satin.  And please, don't spray the dog!  LOL

See how simple this recipe is?  And I love it.  You can even make money selling these at art and craft fairs.  So here are some sources for supplies!  Enjoy!

4 oz plastic spray bottles ( http://www.specialtybottle.com/ )
Water Based Fragrances (they have tons of different scents) ( http://www.craftlobby.com/ )  It will show a name Big River, but it is the same company, and they have been very quick to ship. I buy the 8oz bottles.

Then I use brown kraft labels as shown in the photograph!  Again, hope you enjoy this simple projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment